This recipe is similar to an apple crisp, but has a nice flavor with the cheddar cheese.
- 2 lbs. Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange apples in a well-buttered 1-quart casserole. Sprinkle with raisins, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, salt, butter and cheese.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the apples.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until apples are tender.