This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Apple and Potato Latkes
Eileen Goltz |
- 1 lb. russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 apple, peeled and cored
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup flour
- Ground pepper
- Powdered sugar
- Grate the potatoes and apples together in food processor.
- Put the shredded mixture into a colander and squeeze out liquid.
- Place the mixture in a bowl and add the egg and flour, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat enough oil to cover bottom of the pan.
- Spoon out the batter into pan (approx. 2 to 3 tablespoons per latke), being careful not to crowd the latkes.
- Cook until crisp and brown on one side, then turn and fry on other side.
- Keep finished pancakes warm in oven all pancakes are fried.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired just before serving.