NOTE: You can also use “fake chicken” in place of the real stuff and use real dairy products.
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast meat
- 2 potatoes
- 1 (1 oz.) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup pareve shredded cheese or pareve sour cream
- 1 (5.5 oz.) package red beans and rice mix
- 10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- In a large skillet, prepare rice and beans according to package directions.
- Cut chicken into strips; peel and dice potatoes.
- Meanwhile, in another large skillet, saute chicken until cooked through (meat is no longer pink), about 15 to 20 minutes over medium heat. Drain grease from skillet. Add the potatoes and cook until just tender. Add the taco seasoning according to package directions. Cook all together, stirring often, until potatoes are done.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Take a tortilla. Place some of the chicken/potato mixture and some of the beans and rice (about 1/2 to 3/4 cup total filling) onto the tortilla, add a little pareve cheese to taste, and roll up.
- Place rolled tortilla in a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Repeat with other tortillas until dish is full.
- Top with the rest of the pareve cheese and bake in the preheated oven 15 to 20 minutes or until pareve cheese is melted and bubbly.