This recipe is serving cheesecake for a meal. Because it can be prepared a day ahead and doubled or tripled, the recipe is great for a crowd.
- ¼ lb. butter, softened
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cut up
- 1 lb. cottage cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl combine the butter, eggs, sour cream, orange juice, flour, baking powder, and 2 Tablespoons of sugar.
- Pour half of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Set the remaining mixture aside.
- In a food processor, combine the remaining sugar with the cream cheese, cottage cheese, egg yolks, and vanilla. Process until smooth.
- Drop the cream cheese mixture, by spoonfuls, over batter in the bottom of the pan. With a knife, spread the cream cheese layer, as smoothly as possible, over bottom layer.
- Gently pour the remaining batter mixture over top of the cream cheese layer.* If you have time, bring the souffle to room temperature.
- Bake uncovered for 50 to 60 minutes or until souffle is still soft but golden.
- Serve immediately with a topping of fresh fruit or fresh fruit sauce and a sprinkling of nuts.
- * At this point, the unbaked souffle may be covered and refrigerated overnight until ready to bake.