A Few Hints For Pesach Cleaning
1. START EARLY – If you begin right after Purim and do a little bit every day, the job is not overwhelming.
2. Start with areas where chametz does not usually go and declare them off limits until Pesach.
3. Start buying Pesach staples early. Have a place ready to store them.
4. For the last week before Pesach, indulge in convenience foods and paper plates.
5. Clean the oven as early as possible and use only stove top or toaster oven until Pesach. They are well worth the price for ease and speed in food preparation.
6. Check with your Rabbi for instructions to Kasher the microwave.
7. Invest in a food processor and electric hand-mixer for Pesach. They are well worth the price for ease and speed in food preparation.
8. Aluminum foil is a great help on Pesach – it can cover counters, shelves etc. as well as wrap cooked foods.
9. Don’t forget to clean brooms, vacuum cleaners, clothing pockets, car and garage.
10. Be sure to consult your OU Pesach Directory – there are new products every year to enhance your holiday.
11 Enjoy having the entire house clean at one time and keep up a cheerful front. You will appreciate Pesach more and so will your whole family.