This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Courtesy of Women's Branch of the Orthodox Union | Meat
- 1 small head cabbage
- 1 lb. chopped meat
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup matza farfel (optional)
- 2 cups tomato sauce (canned or jarred)
- 1 cup water
- Coarsely shred cabbage or cut into ½ inch strips.
- Spray large pot with cooking spray. Then layer ingredients as follows:
¼ of cabbage, ¼ of meat (broken into small chunks), ¼ onion, ¼ cup farfel, ½ cup tomato sauce, salt and pepper.
- Repeat until all ingredients have been used.
- Pour water over all. Cover, bring to boil and cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Stir occasionally and check to see if more water is needed to prevent sticking.