This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Eileen Goltz |
- 2 (3 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1½ quarts fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add sour cream and the 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar; beat until smooth.
- Reserving 1 strawberry for garnish, halve the remaining strawberries and arrange evenly in bottom of a shallow 8” round pan.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over berries.
- Sieve remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Broil 4 to 5” from heat for 1-2 minutes or until sugar turns golden brown.
- Slice reserved strawberry and arrange atop the dish. Serve immediately.