- Swirl olive oil in bottom of medium nonstick skillet. Add onions and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook, stirring often, until onions are golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in figs, wine, broth, vinegar and fresh rosemary. Increase heat to high and simmer until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 450 °F. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper to taste. Place on lightly oiled heavy baking sheet. Roast for 7 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes.
- Sprinkle salmon with parsley.
- Serve over fig sauce.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled.