- In a saucepan combine the garlic and shallots with the tequila, lime juice and vinegar. Cook until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Add the cream and cook until reduced by 1/2. Strain out garlic and shallot if desired. Return sauce to heat and whisk in butter.
- In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water until smooth. Whisk into sauce to thicken it. This recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta.
- Add green onions and tomatoes to hot pasta pot and stir. Add drained pasta and sauce and mix well.
- Serve garnished with cilantro, if desired.
You can also top the pasta with grilled fish.