Mushroom and Cheese Batter Bread
Eileen Goltz |
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 Tablespoons butter, softened
- ¼ cup onions, minced
- ¼ cup green bell peppers, diced
- ¼ cup red bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salts; set aside.
- In another bowl whip the softened butter and beaten eggs together. Stir the flour mixture into butter egg mixture. Add the onion, peppers, cheese and mushrooms. Mix well (batter will be stiff).
- Pour the batter into loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes.