Grilled Squash with Mustard Vinaigrette
Eileen Goltz |
- 6 medium yellow squash and/or green zucchini (3 lbs.)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons coarse-grain mustard
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
- Heat grill.
- Trim squash and/or zucchini and halve lengthwise, then toss with salt, pepper, and 2 Tablespoons oil in a large bowl.
- Oil the grill rack, then grill until grill marks appear, about 6 minutes. Move vegetables to cooler area of grill for about 4 minutes more. Transfer to a platter.
- While vegetables are grilling, whisk together lemon juice, mustard, sugar, and remaining 2 Tablespoons oil in a small bowl. Add the chopped red peppers. Mix to coat.
- Pour dressing evenly over vegetables and sprinkle with toasted almonds before serving.