Crock Pot Artichoke Beef Stew
Eileen Goltz |
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2½ lbs. lean beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- 1 can condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 2 medium onions
- 1 cup red wine or beef broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
- 2 jars (6½ oz. each) marinated artichoke hearts
- 20 small fresh mushrooms
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef and toss to coat.
- In a skillet, brown beef in oil. Transfer to a crock pot (slow cooker) with slotted spoon. Gradually add broth to the skillet. Bring to a boil; stir to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Halve and slice onions and combine with wine or broth, garlic, and dill. Pour the mixture over the beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until the meat is nearly tender.
- After the meat has cooked for 7 to 8 hours, halve mushrooms and drain and chop artichoke hearts; stir into the crock pot.
- Cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through
- Serve over noodles.
- This recipe can be doubled and made in the oven in a large roasting pan.