This soup may also be made with zucchini instead of broccoli.
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 to 4 stalks broccoli, cut in small pieces
- 4 cups pareve "chicken" broth
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Add onion and garlic and sauté about 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and broth.
- Cover and simmer about 20 minutes, until broccoli is tender. Cool slightly.
- Put in blender or food processor in small batches and puree.
- Return to saucepan, add lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Reheat and serve.