Frozen raspberries, blackberries, & strawberries are often heavily infested and should only be used when bearing a reliable hechsher (kosher supervision symbol).
- 1 loaf French bread
- 4 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 5 cups skim milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 package frozen raspberries in light syrup, unfrozen
- Cube bread and place in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the milk, cocoa, sugar and vanilla until well blended. Add egg whites and stir. Pour mixture over bread.
- Cover and let stand in refrigerator for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place mixture in an oven proof dish and place in a water bath (about 1-inch). Bake for 45 minutes.
- Puree raspberries in blender. Strain through sieve to remove seeds. Refrigerate sauce until serving time.
- Place sauce on plate, place pudding on sauce and garnish with fresh berries.*
- *Use 2 Tablespoons sauce per serving.