This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Courtesy of Women's Branch of the Orthodox Union | Pareve
- 2 lbs. asparagus
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup vinegar or lemon juice
- ¾ cup water
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Wash asparagus. Snap off ends.
- Place in large pan with ½ cup water. Bring to boil, cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- In small bowl mix sugar, vinegar, water, oil, salt, and garlic.
- Layer asparagus and onions in glass bowl.
- Pour marinade over, cover, and refrigerate several hours or overnight.