- 2 cups chopped Granny Smith apples
- 1½ cups sliced almonds
- ¾ cup chopped onions
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- 4 Tablespoons margarine
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 cups whole wheat bread, cubed
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ⅓ to ½ cup apple cider or juice
- In a skillet sauté the apples, almonds, onion and celery in margarine for 5 minutes, stirring. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the cinnamon, poultry seasoning, and salt.
- Place the apple mixture in a bowl and add the bread cubes and raisins. Mix well.
- In another smaller bowl combine the egg with the apple cider beat until mixed and then pour the liquid over the bread mixture.
- Add more cider if moister stuffing is desired.
The recipe can be halved, but still use 1 egg.