16 oz of pineapple chunks in juice, drained, save the juice
1/2 to 2/3 cup of red or green bell pepper, chopped fine.
1 teaspoon fresh ginger chopped or 1/4 teaspoon dried
1 1/2 lb ground turkey
1/2 cup of green onion slices.
1/2 cup of matzo meal
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup ready-made kosher for Pesach bbq sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice, chopped bell pepper, ginger, ground turkey, sliced green onion, breadcrumbs and salt and mix to combine.
3. Shape the mixture into balls and place them in a 9X13 baking dish.
4. Pour the bbq sauce over meatballs; mix lightly to coat the meatballs.
5. Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes.
6. Place 1 piece of pineapple on a large toothpick and spear a meatball.
7. Serve on a platter with the sauce poured over.
Serves 6 to 8
A simple recipe that you can make up ahead of time and reheated whenever you need it during the week!